This is a list of events that occurred in 2258. Unless otherwise noted, the timing and sequence of events are taken from "The Babylon 5 Historical Database," published in Across Time and Space: The Chronologies of Babylon 5.
Unknown[edit | edit source]
February[edit | edit source]
- Vir Cotto is assigned to Babylon 5 as Ambassador Londo Mollari's diplomatic attache.
- The Narn attack and occupy the Centauri colony on Ragesh III.
- The Narn Regime retreat from Ragesh III and abandon all claims to it (after it is discovered by Babylon 5 they have supplying weapons to the Raiders, a fact they wish to keep quiet).
- Luis Santiago is re-elected as President of Earth and her Colonies, defeating challenger Marie Crane.
March[edit | edit source]
- Stephen Franklin arrives on Babylon 5 from the Asimov on 2 March, to become Chief of the MedLab Facilities.
- A Soul Hunter visits Babylon 5 and is killed while trying to steal the soul of Ambassador Delenn. 
- Vance Hendricks and Nelson Drake arrive on Babylon 5 with alien artifacts from Ikarra VII.
- Nelson Drake, infected by the artifacts, becomes an Ikarran warrior and nearly destroys the station. Cmdr. Sinclair manages to stop the creature. Drake and Hendricks are arrested.
- Word spreads throughout Babylon 5 about how the commander risked his life to stop the threat.
- Earthforce confiscates the Ikarran artifacts.
- The Centauri agree to negotiate the Euphrates Treaty to settle a dispute with the Narn Regime over the Euphrates Sector.
- Ko'Dath is assigned to Babylon 5 as Ambassador G'Kar's diplomatic attache. Londo Mollari's Purple files are stolen by Adira Tyree.
- Andrei Ivanov dies.
- The Narn and Centauri end hostilities regarding the Euphrates Sector.
- Ko'Dath, Ambasador G'Kar's aide is killed in an airlock accident.
- Counselor Du'Rog of the Kha'ri dies. In his last will and testament, he hires Tu'Pari of the Thenta Makur to assassinate G'Kar.
- Babylon 5 hosts a week long festival celebrating the dominant faiths of the different races on board.
April[edit | edit source]
- The Homeguard attack Minbari poet Shaal Mayan and several other aliens on Babylon 5 in the course of a week.
- Their plan to assassinate the four major alien ambassadors fails when it is discovered by Babylon 5 security.
- Jacob Lester is found guilty of attacking the Minbari Embassy on Earth.
- Monday, April 11th, 2258
- Sunday, April 24th, 2258
- Alfred Bester visits Babylon 5 on the hunt for rogue telepath Jason Ironheart 
- Rick contacts Stephen Franklin and asks him to help with the underground railroad for telepaths 
- Dr. Franklin establishes a free clinic in Down Below on Babylon 5. This acts as a front for the underground railroad 
May[edit | edit source]
- The Dilgar war criminal Jha'dur, known as Deathwalker, is discovered aboard Babylon 5. A vote to put her on trial fails in the Council. Jha'dur is killed by the Vorlons soon afterwards.
June[edit | edit source]
- Wide-scale Rebellion breaks out on Mars. 
- Varn and the Great Machine are discovered on Epsilon 3. EAS Hyperion arrives at Babylon 5.
- A human who will eventually die as the result in a failed blending with a Vindrizi begins living in Downbelow. 
July[edit | edit source]
- Babylon 4 reappears in Sector 14 after having disappeared four years earlier. Babylon 5 assists in evacuating the crew before the station vanishes once again.
- Delenn turns down an offer of leadership for the Grey Council. She returns to Babylon 5 with one of the Triluminary.
August[edit | edit source]
Wednesday August 3rd[edit | edit source]
- Babylon 5 receives a distress call from a lone Starfury under attack by Raiders, though they are unable to launch a squadron before the fighter is destroyed.
- Mr. Morden arrives on the station and meets with several alien Ambassadors, including G'Kar, Londo Mollari and Delenn. Though he fails to avoid Ambassador Kosh.
- Sinclair confides in Garibaldi what he's discovered about the events surrounding his missing 24 hours at the Battle of the Line.
- Lord Kiro and Centauri prophetess Ladira arrive on the station to arrange the recovery of The Eye.
- The freighter Achilles comes under attack from Raiders, Ivanova takes out Delta Wing to investigate.
- While in possession of The Eye, Lord Kiro is kidnapped by Raiders who attack the station en mass.
- Ivanova and Delta Wing returns to Babylon 5 and helps finish off the Raiders.
- The Raiders holding Lord Kiro escape aboard a Raider battlewagon.
- A mysterious ship destroys the Raider battlewagon and recovers The Eye.
- Morden returns The Eye to Londo as a gift.
- Rabbi Koslav arrives on Babylon 5 to speak with Susan Ivanova about her father's death.
- He helps her arrange "shiva" for him shortly afterwards.
September[edit | edit source]
- Lise Hampton gives birth to a baby girl named Deborah.
- Colonel Ari Ben Zayn comes aboard Babylon 5 undercover and begins investigating Jeffrey Sinclair for treason.
- Col. Zayn temporarily relieves Cmdr. Sinclair of command of duty before being relieved himself for acting illegally. 
- Karl Mueller murders two Lurkers on Babylon 5. He is apprehended after murdering a security guard.
- Karl Mueller is tried for murder and sentenced to be mindwiped by Ombuds Wellington.
- Mueller escapes from custody and is killed by Dr. Laura Rosen.
- Dr. Rosen is exonerated in the killing of Karl Mueller.
December[edit | edit source]
- Narn war ships begin to harass Centauri trading vessels in Quadrant 37.
25[edit | edit source]
30[edit | edit source]
31[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Before the Third Age:||20th Century and earlier • 21st Century • 22nd Century • 2200s • 2210s • 2220s • 2230s • 2240s|
|2250s:||2250 • 2251 • 2252 • 2253 • 2254 • 2255 • 2256 • 2257 • 2258 • 2259|
|2260s:||2260 • 2261 • 2262 • 2263 • 2264 • 2265 • 2266 • 2267 • 2268 • 2269|
|2270s onwards:||2270s • 2280s • 2290s • 2300s and beyond|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.