|The following is based on cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Starfury has other uses. Please see Starfury (disambiguation) for other meanings.
Similar in design to the SA-23E model Starfury, the Badger employed the same four arm mounted multi-directional engine pod design that allows for a high degree of manoeuvrability, while keeping the flight crew close to the centre, thereby minimising the effect of G-forces on the crew while performing extreme manoeuvres.
Unlike the SA-23E however, the Badger features a two person crew, seated abreast at the front of the fighter's elongated fuselage.
Behind the Scenes
- Like the Olympus class corvette, the Badger-class Starfury was designed by Tim Earls for the TV Movie "In the Beginning", though unlike the Olympus it never made it to screen.
- The design of the Badger has often been mistaken for the Heavy Starfury briefly glimpsed at in "A Voice in the Wilderness, Part II"; though it is also a two-seater Starfury, it's an unrelated design.
- JMS Post on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated - 04/02/1997
- JMS Post on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated - 04/09/1997
- B5Scrolls Screen3_02_18 - An excellent and reliable source of Behind the scenes concept art and interviews.
- B5Scrolls Screen2_01_9 - Click "this is called a Badger".
|Earthforce Ship Classes|
|Olympus-class corvette · Hyperion-class heavy cruiser · Nova-class dreadnought · Omega-class destroyer · Advanced Omega-class destroyer · Warlock-class destroyer|
|SA-23E Starfury · SA-32A Thunderbolt · Stealth Starfury · Heavy Starfury · Badger-class Starfury|
|Earthforce One · Magnum heavy lifter · Breaching pod · Troop Transport · Kestrel Class Atmospheric Shuttle · Crew Shuttle|
|Aegis orbital defense platform · Life pod · Work pod · Gunship · Explorer class ship · Cotten class Deep Penetration Tender · Shadow Hybrid · Shadow hybrid fighter|