|"<<< A Call to Arms" "War Zone" "The Long Road" "The Well of Forever" "The Path of Sorrows" "Patterns of the Soul" "Ruling from the Tomb" "The Rules of the Game" "Appearances and Other Deceits" "Racing the Night" "The Memory of War" "The Needs of Earth" "Visitors from Down the Street" "Each Night I Dream of Home"|
|"To the Ends of The Earth" "Value Judgements" "End of the Line"|
The End of the Line is the intended first season finale from the TV Series Crusade which is a spin off from Babylon 5. However, due to the Cancellation of Crusade early in its first season this episode was never filmed. J Michael Straczynski released the script to this episode shortly after the cancellation of the series.
- Production Number: 116
- Originally Aired: N/A
- Writen By: J Michael Straczynski
- Directed By: N/A
- Executive Producers: Douglas Netter & J Michael Straczynski
- Producer: John Copeland
- Director of Photography: Frederick V Murphy II
- Production Designer: John Iacovelli
- "Who Are You? Matthew Gideon, Captain. Attached to the Earth Alliance Starship Excalibur. What do you want? To find a cure to the Drakh plague before it wipes out all life on earth. Where Are You Going? Anywhere I Have To. Who do you serve and who do you trust? Who do you serve and who do you trust?"
- – Galen Questioning Captain Gideon
- Gary Cole as Captain Matthew Gideon
- Tracy Scoggins as Captain Elizabeth Lochley
- Daniel Dae Kim as Lieutenant John Matheson
- David Allen Brooks as Max Eilerson
- Peter Woodward as Galen
- Marjean Holden as Dr. Sarah Chambers
- Carrie Dobro as Dureena Nafeel
Gideon discovers that the ship that destroyed the Cerberus came from a secret Earthforce base. However, now we realize that Earth's work with Shadow technology is far more advanced than previously believed. The research was obviously well under way even before President Santiago's assassination. There is a widespread conspiracy in the Earthforce surrounding the use of technology that has been forbidden by the Interstellar Alliance. Major Lee mentions that the Earth Alliance maintains a half dozen secret research bases, but it isn't clear how many of them are researching Shadow technology. They have also managed to keep it secret through many years and at least three administrations. Finally, from the end of this story, it is obvious that they are willing to go to great lengths to keep Captain Gideon from revealing their secret.