Pak'ma is covered by dense atmosphere and features large salt water seas, a rugged terrain, massive plains and supports a significant variation in biodiversity. The landscape is dotted with organic caves and grottoes that are used by the pak'ma'ra as communal habitats. The planet's substantial ground defenses which combined with the planet's atmosphere and terrain makes invasion unlikely for any but the most powerful races.
Pak'ma was one of many worlds to engage in corporate negotiations with the Earth based company XenoCorp. In 2271 ISA President Sheridan visited Pak'ma for a state visit before going on to Babylon 5 for the 10th anniversary celebrations of the Interstellar Alliance.
|The following is based on The Mongoose Publishing RPG books and contradicts canon sources.|
(the following is from the Babylon 5 the Roleplaying Game's sourcebooks: The Lurker's Guide to the pak'ma'ra and the Galactic Guide)
Planetary Features and Statistics
- Planet's Name = Melat II
- Diameter = 15,500 miles
- Gravity = 1.5 g
- Weather Average = 45% mild, 25% light storms (rain), 20% light storms (silt), 10% severe storms (mixed)
- Moons = 0
- Population = 3 billion
- Cities = Mokra (250,000, the capital), Po'kaz (210,000), Vik'am (20,000), The Great Library of Melat (15,000)
- Orbital Bases = 3 military, 4 monitor, 1 scientific
The pak'ma'ra homeworld is an extremely well-defended planet, which is protected by a guardian fleet of fast, well armed vessels in orbit and dense ground based defenses. Aliens are not permitted to land on Melat, trade with aliens is done at the only trading station in orbit, "The Abattoir". These defenses are complemented by the weaponry on the Abbattoir and several dozen of its smaller cousins spread out across the Meta System, and the network of highly offensive automated satellites which orbit nearly every body in the system with a gravitational spin.
- Babylon 5 the Roleplaying Game's sourcebook: Galactic Guide
- Babylon 5 the Roleplaying Game's sourcebook: The Lurker's Guide to the pak'ma'ra