Patterns of the Soul is an episode from the TV Series Crusade which is a spin off from Babylon 5.
- "Who Are You? Matthew Gideon, Captain. Attached to the Earth Alliance Starship Excalibur. What do you want? To find a cure to the Drakh plague before it wipes out all life on earth. Where Are You Going? Anywhere I Have To. Who do you serve and who do you trust? Who do you serve and who do you trust?"
- – Galen Questioning Captain Gideon
Starring[edit | edit source]
Regular Cast[edit | edit source]
- Gary Cole as Captain Matthew Gideon
- Tracy Scoggins as Captain Elizabeth Lochley (Credit Only)
- Daniel Dae Kim as Lieutenant John Matheson
- David Allen Brooks as Max Eilerson
- Peter Woodward as Galen (Credit Only)
- Marjean Holden as Dr. Sarah Chambers
- Carrie Dobro as Dureena Nafeel
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
- Peter De Anda as General Thompson
- Brian Thompson as Robert Black
- Eric Ware as Tim
- Sharisse Baker-Bernard as IPX Official
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Is The Drakh Plague spreading? A journey to Theta 49 confirms Earth command's fear that the planet's colonists carry the incubating virus. Another alarming discovery awaits: Theta's inhabitants were deliberately contaminated.
Memorable Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "The human race doesn't measure the quality of what it's accomplished only the quantity, the numbers. How much can we do before someone else can?"
- – Tim, to Captain Gideon
Episode Chronology[edit | edit source]
13 episodes of crusade were produced before TNT cancelled the series. According to posts by J. Michael Straczynski, which are archived on jmsnews.com, TNT broadcast the episodes out of the intended sequence. The order of the episodes was then revised when they were re-broadcasted on the Sci-Fi channel, the Sci-Fi channel actually contacted Straczynski and asked which order he would prefer the episodes were broadcast. A third order was formally endorsed by Straczynski as the "true" chronological sequence of events for the filmed episode, as it appeared in The Official Babylon 5 Chronology (published in the pages of The Official Babylon 5 Magazine in 1999-2000). This particular ordering supersedes Straczynski's own "preferred" sequence from a strictly chronological and causal standpoint. The original broadcast order as set by TNT was used for the DVD releases.
Revised Broadcast Order[edit | edit source]
Using the Revised Broadcast Order Patterns of the Soul is episode 8 of 13.
|Preceded by:||Crusade episodes||Followed by:|
|"Each Night I Dream of Home"||"The Path of Sorrows"|
- The events of 'Patterns of the Soul' took place some time in June 2267, as it was mentioned that it took the colonist 6 months to find Theta 49.
DVD Release[edit | edit source]
This Episode along with the other 12 from the series has been released on DVD with some limited Special Features. For more information see:
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Patterns of the Soul at the Internet Movie Database
- Episode guide page for Patterns of the Soul at the Lurker's Guide
|Babylon 5 franchise|
|Babylon 5 & Crusade Episodes by Season|
|Signs and Portents • The Coming of Shadows • Point of No Return • No Surrender, No Retreat • Wheel of Fire • Crusade: Season 1 • Unfilmed Episodes|
|The Gathering • In the Beginning • Thirdspace • River of Souls • A Call to Arms • The Legend of the Rangers • Voices in the Dark|
|Novels • Comic Books • Short Stories • Reference books • Magazines|
|DVD Releases • VHS Home Video • The Official Guide to Babylon 5 • Babylon 5: Into the Fire|
|"<<< A Call to Arms" • "War Zone" • "The Long Road" • "The Well of Forever" • "The Path of Sorrows" • "Patterns of the Soul" • "Ruling from the Tomb" • "The Rules of the Game" • "Appearances and Other Deceits" • "Racing the Night" • "The Memory of War" • "The Needs of Earth" • "Visitors from Down the Street" • "Each Night I Dream of Home"|
|"To the Ends of The Earth" • "Value Judgements" • "End of the Line"|