Because the techno-mage transport had advanced sensors far beyond the Interstellar Alliance's capabilities, Galen helped navigate the Excalibur to the Well of Forever in 2267 by merging his ship's nagivation controls with the Excalibur's. This merge gave him control of Excalibur's engines, allowing him to remotely commandeer the destroyer.
|The following is based on The Mongoose Publishing RPG books and contradicts canon sources.|
Technomage ships were constructed of advanced, Shadow-based technology. They are typically custom-created by a sub-faction of the Technomage order called the Kinetic Grimlis – beings characterized by an advanced understanding of the laws of physics, engineering, and other related sciences, even by techno-mage standards.
They utilized time-space compression technology to allow a larger interior volume than the hull would normally accommodate. They also utilized organic technology that psychically interfaced with the bonded pilot, bypassing the need for physical controls (although the ships retained physical controls for non-bound pilots). The ships also possessed highly advanced stealth technology, able to easily avoid detection by even the most advanced Sol-force vessels of the time. Additionally, the ships could avoid detection by even the Shadows and the Vorlons, in some circumstances. The offensive and defensive capabilities of a Technomage vessel are similarly enhanced by their use of Shadow technology. Although they cannot match the vessels of the First One races in direct combat, they are capable of damaging and even destroying First One vessels as part of a fleet action or when granted the advantage of surprise and trickery.
- Weapons capable of inflicting serious damage to even First One vessels.
- Sensors capable of navigating hyperspace with a finesse unmatched in any other vessel of the Younger Races.
- Stealth and cloaking technology able to completely avoid detection by any younger race, and even avoid detection by Shadow and Vorlon vessels in some circumstances.
- Ship and Pilot bonding possible through utilization of part of the the pilot's chrysalis.
- Gravimetric or magnetic generators allow tractor and repulsor beam abilities.
- Advanced AI systems allow the ship to undertake complex autonomous missions.
Behind the Scenes
The design of the technomage ship was created by Tim Earls and was based on German experimental delta wing aircraft designs by Alexander Lippisch. Tim Earls created several more complex versions of the ship before finally settling on the final design. 
- TV Movies
- The ship class was likely the smallest craft ever depicted to possess its own jumppoint generator.
|Other Alien Ship Classes|
|Dilgar War Cruiser Raider Battlewagon Takarn's Cruiser Streib Cruiser Thirdspace Cruiser Alien Scout Cruiser Moradi Cruiser|
|"Qal'Thaa" type Soul Hunter vessel Lumati Transport "Epsilon III" cargo transport Survey Ship Techno-mage Ship Moradi Shuttle Alien Visitors Ship Alien Visitors Shuttle|
|Dilgar Fighter Raider Fighter Thirdspace Fighter Alien Scout Fighter Kulan's Fighter|
|Qal’Thaa's Life Pod Raider C'n'C Ship Streib Life Pod Berserker Probe Alien Scout Breaching Pod Soulhunter Guardian Hand Servitor Vessel Techno-mage Probe Alien Visitors Life Pod Alien Derelict|